The palace church is the only building remaining from the original baroque palace after the 1757 fire. The church was built in 1699 and is built like the Jesuit Church in Antwerp.
In 2018 the antependium stitched in 1943 by Queen Ingrid was replaced with a new one. Queen Margrethe II has donated an impressive peace of handcraft to Gråsten Palace Church. The new antependium, a colourful masterpiece of more than 250 work hours, can be admired during the official opening hours of the palace church.
The palace church is open as follows:
Sunday 14 June from 2-4 pm
Saturday 20 June from 10 am - noon
Sunday 21. June from 2-4 pm
As well as from the midst August until 31 October;
Mondays 11 am - 2 pm
Saturdays 10 am - noon
Sundays and Danish holidays 2 - 4 pm.
Dogs are not permitted in the church except from guide and service dogs.
Guided tours for groups through the garden and the in the church can be booked at Sønderborg Tourist Office.